Parasites, Princesses, and Paranoia-or Another Day

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

New Johnette Napolitano is HERE!


For those of you who don't know, Johnette Napolitano was the voice of Concrete Blonde back in the good old days. ;) Her fantastic, breathy, and pit-of-your-stomach emotional voice is like no other. Check her out if you don't believe me. Her website below plays the songs off of her newest venture "Scarred." Thanks to my most reliable music critic B for the heads-up on the new release!

Listen to Scarred here

3 Comments:

  • Michael Stipe from R.E.M. came up with the name Concrete Blond. He said he liked the hard/soft imagery.

    By Blogger RynoM, at 6/06/2007 9:50 AM  

  • I did not know that. But, I meant to tell you and never did that after hearing R.E.M.'s song Mad World in that commercial a few months back that I became temporarily obsessed with it. Thought you might like to know that I was appreciating your R.E.M. very much! :)

    By Blogger Heather, at 6/07/2007 5:27 AM  

  • I don't think R.E.M. ever covered Mad World, originally by Tears for Fears. The cover that got popular was done by a guy named Gary Joules. Apparently people were mistaking him for Michael Stipe.

    By Blogger RynoM, at 6/12/2007 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home