Parasites, Princesses, and Paranoia-or Another Day

Saturday, May 12, 2007

NOT Smoking


QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

I hate not smoking. Why is everything so great in life so bad for you? You can't drink too much or your liver will die; You can't smoke too much or your lungs will die; You can't eat too much bacon or chocolate cake or your heart will die. Drugs will kill you. Driving too fast will kill you. Your favorite music too loud will make you go deaf. Too much sex and you get a disease or too many babies. What the #@%*???

I'm unhappy. Uncomfortable, stressed, anxious, and afraid I'm gaining too much weight. And I CAN'T SMOKE.

This post is an attempt to focus on the good things about not smoking--See ticker at top of post. (BTW--It only cost me about $1000 a year to smoke--I think that's a price I would have gladly told you was worth it 27 weeks ago-and today, for that matter.) Found this pretty comprehensive list below with some nice dry humor to it. Thought I'd share with all of ya'll.

Reasons Not to Smoke (We all know them...but I thought a refresher might be good...)

1. I'll have fewer wrinkles.

2. After the first year, I'll have saved enough for a Caribbean cruise.

3. My breath will smell better than my dog's.

4. After the second year, I can spend the money I saved on the person I met on last year's Caribbean cruise.

5. I'll be around to see my grandchildren.

6. I won't have to worry about impotence with my new wife, whom I met on the Caribbean cruise two years ago.

7. I won't have to go outside between courses at a restaurant.

8. I'll be a good role model for my children.

9. My physician won't need to "counsel" me anymore.

10. I'll live longer.

11. I won't feel like a leper in public.

12. I won't have to worry about how smoking is ruining my health.

13. I'll save money on dry cleaning/incesssant clothes washing.

14. I won't have to hide my habit from my children.

15. My fingers won't get frostbitten when I go outside.

16. I'll be able to exercise more.

17. In time, I'll have the same life expectancy as a nonsmoker.

18. My dog won't get emphysema.

19. I'll cough less.

20. I'll be able to taste and smell food again.

21. My children will have fewer ear and respiratory infections.

22. My lipstick won't smudge.

23. I won't have to wonder if my date is bothered by cigarette smoke.

24. My teeth will be whiter.

25. I won't waste time looking for a smoking area everywhere I go.

26. No more wheezing.

27. I won't have to listen to talk about what it's like to kiss an ashtray.

28. I'll be able to get rid of something that is controlling my life.

29. My plants won't turn brown.

30. My baby will be at lower risk for sudden infant death syndrome.

31. My fingers won't turn brown.

32. It's one less thing to carry around/check off my morning out-the-door list.

33. My lungs won't turn brown.

34. No more burning holes in my clothes.

35. My spouse will be less likely to develop heart disease or lung cancer.

36. I'll have to pull off the road only when I need gas.

37. My car won't reek.

38. I won't need to look forward to receiving oxygen through a nasal tube.

39. My house (or 3-season-porch!) won't reek.

40. I'll save my unborn child from nicotine withdrawal.

41. I won't reek.

42. I'll be able to play with my grandchildren without gasping.

43. I won't have to feel second class anymore.

44. No more nicotine fits on airplanes.

45. I'll have more energy.



Okay, that helps. For now. :)

1 Comments:

  • Who is this person you're going to meet on the cruise? And why is she a woman?

    Is Rob aware of this?

    By Blogger RynoM, at 5/13/2007 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home