Parasites, Princesses, and Paranoia-or Another Day

Monday, May 15, 2006

More Rain Songs


So my post about good Rain Songs led us into deep conversation at work about ALL kinds of rain songs. Here's some honorable mentions in other categories:

2 We Could Live Without:
After the Rain (Nelson)

Blame It On the Rain (Milli Vanilli)

Too LOOONG Rain Song:
November Rain (Guns N Roses)

Darkest Rain Song:
Prayers for Rain (The Cure)

Weird 70s Funkadelic Rain Song:
It's Raining Men (Weather Girls)

"What the f*** is he saying?" Rain Song:
The Rain Song (Led Zeppelin)

2 Comments:

  • You missed two of the greatest rain songs of all time - suprisingly both by the same band - Creedence Clearwater Revival.

    "Who'll Stop the Rain" and "Have You Ever Seen the Rain"

    Here's some more:
    "Red Rain" by Peter Gabriel
    "I'll Take the Rain" by R.E.M.
    "Rain" by Madonna (suprisingly good)
    "A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall" by Bob Dylan
    "Another Song About the Rain" by Cracker
    "Buckets of Rain" also by Bob Dylan

    And I'll concur, Rainy Day Music by Minnesota's own Jayhawks is a fantastic rainy-day CD.

    By Blogger RynoM, at 5/16/2006 9:15 PM  

  • You might be surprised to know that I did consider these--but I'm not particularly fond of CCR. Maybe they're just overplayed by the classic rock/oldies powers that be. I don't know. And you know (I think) how I feel about Bob Dylan (makes me feel edgy just listening to him eke out words I can barely understand.) :)
    Good additions to the list, though.
    (Only one R.E.M. song, Ry?)

    By Blogger Heather, at 5/17/2006 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home