Parasites, Princesses, and Paranoia-or Another Day

Monday, May 08, 2006

CATS are Neat


I love my kitty cats. The dog, well...not really the same, now, is it? Here's why I like cats:
  • They use a bathroom just like we do, and it's out of sight until you clean it up (and you don't have to worry about stepping in it when you go to check on your flowers.)

  • They clean themselves (no tub-wrestling and hair-clogged drain-cleaning required.)

  • They do what they want (cattitude.)

  • They love who they want to, and it's not everyone. (And if you're one of the chosen, it's that much more special.)

  • They keep you company without getting in your way. (My little cat Jeri likes to watch me sweep the kitchen floor from a perch on the seat of a kitchen chair under the kitchen table, while the 80+ pound dog likes to sit on my feet and/or try to bite the vacuum cleaner with each push.)

  • They're slyly mischievous, without causing any real harm. (i.e, the dog chews up a pack of crayons on the living room rug while the cat sneaks up onto the dresser to watch the fish in their tank.)

  • They are soft and small and never smell bad. (Great for napping with!)

  • They do not require regular trips back and forth during House or Bones or the middle of supper to let them outside.

  • They require minimal amounts of routine maintenance (fill the food and water dishes once a day, vaccines every other year, as opposed to Heartgard monthly, claw clippings, fill the water 8 times a day, food twice a day at pre-determined times, etc, etc.)

  • They do not cause a ruckus when the doorbell rings.

  • They're tongues feel neat when they lick you, and you don't have drool dripping off you afterwards.

Well, I could go on, but the dog needs his breakfast

.

3 Comments:

  • I've had a cat ever since I was five years old and Santa Claus brought me one for Christmas. So obviously I have a soft spot in my heart for felines.

    That being said, I have to stick up for dogs everywhere. Dogs can be so much fun, and in my opinion, better companions. You can't take a cat for a hike in the woods. You can't play fetch with a cat. You can't wrestle with a cat in the yard. And not all dogs destroy the house.

    I hope I can get a dog sometime soon.

    By Blogger RynoM, at 5/09/2006 10:14 PM  

  • I think we have one too many over here--maybe you can take him off my hands? :)

    By Blogger Heather, at 5/09/2006 10:46 PM  

  • The dog, I mean, of course. (You can't have any of my kitties! :)

    By Blogger Heather, at 5/09/2006 10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home