Parasites, Princesses, and Paranoia-or Another Day

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Devil with a blue dress, blue dress...


Success! After much trial and tribulation, I have found the perfect blue dress for a devil with a blue dress on. I found it, was shell-shocked by the price on the tag, but decided to inquire and then press about the final price anyway (despite my natural inclination to avoid any possible contention.) I was much rewarded for my tenacity and courage by a $9.99 price for a $150 designer label dress. It's gorgeous, with layer after layer of silk and swing! Hooray! I'm very, very pleased with my dress...and even more excited that I doubled my great luck by buying two different $150 dresses for $9.99 each!

I shall undoubtedly be the most self-satisfied devil with a blue dress to venture out this Halloween. Surely the smug attitude will contribute character to my costume.

So, other than a night of running all about town for such a perfect dress(my feet feel like they will surely turn to globs of boneless, muscleless pulp,) I have accomplished nothing. and care not at all. Hooray, again!

We also finished K's costume, a quite fetching rendition (if I do say so myself) of Violet Baudelaire from the Series of Unfortunate Events books and movie. We did some modification on a pretty little gothic witch dress we bought at a costume shop, and one cut up pair of fishnets and red ribbon later--voila!--Violet Baudelaire! K is very pleased with herself in the costume, and parades around reenacting her favorite scenes from the books and movie. So cute! It does make me wonder, however, if the tendency toward Gothic taste might have a genetic factor. She's never seen me in Gothic attire--so how could she know? Hmmm....

Well, I should get some sleep and give my feet a little rest in preparation for tomorrow night's festivities. It gets late so quickly on me. Where does all the time go?

3 Comments:

  • Hey Heather! You didn't let me know that you had a blog. I haven't updated mine in a couple days, but I noticed you had a picture next on your last post. That's how I found you.

    Did you by chance take any pics from Halloween? I told Rob to, but he said he didn't.

    I'll link you to my blog....not that it's going to get you much traffic :)

    By Blogger RynoM, at 11/21/2005 7:27 PM  

  • Wow... someone in your house can update a blog on a regular basis.

    Tell the guy who is at your house and eats all your food to do the same once and a while...

    This is Joe... you can call me Drew.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/23/2005 8:50 AM  

  • Rynom,
    I'm so sorry, but no pictures. I did say that very night, though, that you would be mad at all of us (Nick, Ann, R and me) because no one thought to bring a camera. Duh. I'm so used to you having one and not having to worry about it, that even now when we go out I don't even think about it. I guess you spoiled me, you could say, so indirectly it's YOUR fault that I have no pictures.

    Just kidding, Sorry, Ry, I'll try to do better. :)

    And Joe, of course I know who you are, silly, I've been reading your blog for months now. Thank you for being always entertaining and informative. Well, almost always. :) H

    By Blogger Heather, at 11/26/2005 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home