Parasites, Princesses, and Paranoia-or Another Day

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Breathe...........


I am so enraged. Overwhelmed. Exhausted. What am I to do with all of this disaster? Too much, all of it. Who can do everything for everyone? No one...no one. It's here at home, it's
there at work. Nothing's ever enough. Nothing's good enough. I feel like I'm working my fingers to the bone, wearing my soul away to a tiny ember. I need to let it all go...all the sleights, every abandonment, every assumption. They are all fools. Do they all think I will always be here? Always with my back against the wall, holding it up, holding on? They think I can do it, I will do it. I have all the answers. But no one can, no one will, no one does forever.

I need to just breathe. Let it go. Relax. Just another deep breath. Close my eyes and feel the clean air fill my lungs, clean out the bitterness, the fatigue. Wash it away. Listen to the sweet, sorrowful voice of Sade. Breathe.

"It's just a day that brings it all about.
Just another day.
Nothing's any good.
I have so much to do.
I have to carry on.
I wonder will this grief ever be gone?
Will it ever go?
I'm the King of Sorrow.
King of Sorrow.

I suppose I could just walk away
Will I disappoint my future if I stay?
It's just a day that brings it all about.
Just another day.
Nothing's any good.
I feel like the King of Sorrow.
King of Sorrow.

I'm crying everyone's tears.
I have already paid for all my future sins
There's nothing anyone can say to take this away
It's just another day.
Nothing's any good.
I am the King of Sorrow.
King of Sorrow."
--Sade

Here's a lovely picture of the Colorado Rockies. I go there in my mind when I think I will break. It is so beautiful there. So big. It helps me to realize how small I am, how microscopic the slights, the wrongs, the worries. Standing in the middle of the Rocky Mountains gives one a better perspective on life. It's not so bad, whatever has you by its grip, not so bad. Thought I'd share the image with you, whoever you are. Maybe it can help you to breathe more deeply, too, wherever you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home